All about us
Frank Cooper Funeral Directors was established on 6th December 1947 in the Barkerend Road area of Bradford by a local joiner and undertaker, John Proctor.
Originally known as Bradford Funeral Services, it was one of the first Chapels of Rest in the Bradford area to be officially dedicated by the late Right Reverend Lord Bishop of Bradford Alfred Walter Blunt D.D.
Frank Cooper became an apprentice joiner working under John Proctor before leaving to start his own business. In 1968, John Proctor retired and Frank Cooper bought the business continuing to run it as a local joiners and undertakers.
“Frank Cooper was a first class joiner and taught joinery at Bradford College in the evenings.”
In 1980, Frank’s son-in-law joined the funeral side of the business. Between them, they managed the business until Frank’s retirement in 1987 when he decided to sell the business.
In 1988, the funeral home was completely refurbished with facilities that included an arrangement lounge, a larger service chapel, private remembrance room, mortuary facilities and a large car park. The business has seen several refurbishments over the years and still continues to offer the same standard of service that it always has.